Late dinner out of St Louis on Texas Eagle

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RickIronton

Train Attendant
According to Amtrak.com the dinner times are:

5-9:30p, last seating at 8:30p

If the Eagle going south is late leaving St Louis, will there still be dinner service for sleeper passengers?

Last edited by a moderator:
Depends on how late. If the diner has already done last call, I've seen the SCA provide the new sleeper passengers a voucher to use for food in the lounge car. Not optimum, but at least they won't go to bed hungry! Personally, I would just have dinner before boarding, on time or late, either way.

I had a very late connection to the Eagle one time at STL and when the train finally wandered in the Conductor came into the Lounge and explained they were unable to hold the Diner open any longer and we could go to the Lounge and pick out a few items; that was actually fine with me since I was now late into Day 3 coming back from SEA and getting pretty foundered from being aggressively fed every few hours. A little Nuclear Pizza, Chips and Drink did the job just fine. Lucious was the Diner Lead and he even came through the Sleeper apologizing for not being able to give us a proper Supper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back