Leaving Tallahassee

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

battalion51

Engineer
I found out last week that I've been selected to be an Intern at Disney in the Spring as part of their College Program. I know I'll be working at one of the resorts and living on Disney property at apartments specifically for CP participants. I'll be down there beginning in January and lasting through May. I don't have a lot of details yet because I'm still waiting for FSU to approve a few things, but I'll be there. Disney is also kinda sketchy about details til you get there, so we'll see what happens.

I found out last week that I've been selected to be an Intern at Disney in the Spring as part of their College Program. I know I'll be working at one of the resorts and living on Disney property at apartments specifically for CP participants. I'll be down there beginning in January and lasting through May. I don't have a lot of details yet because I'm still waiting for FSU to approve a few things, but I'll be there. Disney is also kinda sketchy about details til you get there, so we'll see what happens.
Maybe you'll get to drive the train around the park! :)

Yeah I don't think FSU's Hospitality Program would exactly approve of that. I do know though, that the Monorail operators have to log a few thousand hours before they're allowed to fly solo.

Yeah I don't think FSU's Hospitality Program would exactly approve of that. I do know though, that the Monorail operators have to log a few thousand hours before they're allowed to fly solo.
That's because you have to memorize all the holding points, not to mention Disney's desire for safety.

And congratulations, I know others who've done that program. It can be interesting, especially when a customer is standing there kicking you and calling you names, but it is also a wonderful learning experience.

And learn you will, unless they've changed things, you'll spend the entire first week just learning about Disney, Disney history, where everything is, and how to keep smiling when a customer is calling you every name in the book. That's before you ever start training for your actual job.

But rule #1, never mouth off to the customer. They'll fire you for that, but even if you drop a pot of hot coffee in the customers lap, as long as you are polite and proper, they won't fire you no matter how much the customer yells and demmands it. Open your mouth in a negative way, you're gone, even if the customer was wrong and you were right.

Aloha

Working in the Disney Organation is one of the best places to work. I paid for my college while working in Anaheim. Also met Walt while there. Look foward to the Best in your life at Disney. The small trials no matter.

Please keep in touch.

Eric

Remember....if your one of the mascots (like Goofy, Pluto etc) and you hear someone dissin' Amtrak, you can't start screaming at them "they don't own thier own rails" or "they need more funding not less" :lol: Nuttin' like seeing one of the "characters" goin ballistic about rail travel!!!! :) Good luck and enjoy your internship! It may be a "million dollor experience" that you "don't have to pay a dime for!"

Back