Legacy Club at CUS

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If this were LA I could certainly understand the desire to continue using the friendly and well appointed Metro Lounge. Chicago's Metro Lounge is rather tacky and outdated by comparison and is staffed by folks that don't always seem to know Amtrak's own rules and can suddenly turn bossy and abrasive over any random thing that happens to displease them. Personally I look forward to seeing the new Legacy Club with my own eyes once they're in full swing. I don't understand the need to pass judgement and post random hearsay from third parties. If your opinion is based on what somebody else said then maybe you should let them do the posting next time.

Here are pics I took from the Legacy club on July 21st

100_1761_zpsktehcjut.jpg

100_1763_zpsyzmxszhu.jpg

100_1765_zpselp9wslf.jpg

Great pics Kevin, thanks for sharing!

While the current Metro Lounge was under going renovation a few years ago, I enjoyed visiting the temporary Lounge which was in part of this space!

You will probably have more trouble with high income commuters paying for admission, getting drunk, and throwing their sense of entitlement around than you will ever get from the people paying "first class" fares on Amtrak. I'm not sure I know who the real riff-raff are.

You will probably have more trouble with high income commuters paying for admission, getting drunk, and throwing their sense of entitlement around than you will ever get from the people paying "first class" fares on Amtrak. I'm not sure I know who the real riff-raff are.
I'm not so sure high income commuters or anyone else who's worked a full day is interested in delaying by too much their departure for home. Unless home is not a happy place. :unsure:

I can't imagine what a zoo CUS will be during this construction, given what it already is...

For the frequent users something like an annual membership or perhaps a hook in with something like the Priority Pass would be an excellent enhancement worth considering.
I particularly agree with making it available through Priority Pass. In fact, I tried to contact them to make that suggestion, but like most websites, it's close to impossible to even get a working email address to send to ( and I haven't tried since my first failed attempt).

I think this will be a great thing for coach passengers especially. 20 bucks really isnt a bad price for a comfy spot to stay and have some snacks, and the priority boarding thing is nice, even if we still have to do the Kinder walk, at least we can do it before the other coach passengers. :p

Im sad that the Metro Deli is gone though, I enjoyed the food there the last time I went through Meatloaf sandwich was gooood.

I can't imagine what a zoo CUS will be during this construction, given what it already is...
Well, the order of staging appears to be:

(1) Build stuff in the current vacant, closed rooms in the Great Hall,

(2) Open them, vacating the locations in the concourse,

(3) Demolish things in the concourse, opening the space up

So I think it actually won't be that bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
In connection with our ongoing discussion of the Legacy Club, I thought people might enjoy seeing this picture of the "luxurious coach Amtrak waiting room at CUS" someone just posted on Yelp today. Enjoy :)

http://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/amtrak-chicago?select=dxSHymNY7HlieB9QTMl5pw

Here's another good one from the same person: http://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/amtrak-chicago?select=6giq8tpgSGGNjIFtTplccw
Yup. It's even more "luxurious" when it's packed full of people and screaming kids on a 90-degree day and the only solution is a couple of huge box fans.

Waiting in the Great Hall isn't much better - more space, but the skylights create a greenhouse effect, so it's just as warm. <_<

Why is that woman lying on the floor that everyone has walked on and next to a garbage can? I realize she is connecting herself to whatever electronic device she has, but I see this all the time, especially at TRE. Haven't people heard of germs?

Why is that woman lying on the floor that everyone has walked on and next to a garbage can? I realize she is connecting herself to whatever electronic device she has, but I see this all the time, especially at TRE. Haven't people heard of germs?
I've heard of bacteria, viruses, fungi, parasites, and chemical residues. On the other hand I've never really understood what exactly "germs" are supposed to be. Is it anything like a "cootie?" Whenever I see the word "germ" it always seems to be associated with a product that casually promotes widespread antimicrobial resistance.

I've heard of bacteria. I've heard of viruses. I've heard of fungi. I've heard of parasites. On the other hand I've never really understood what "germs" are supposed to be. Is it anything like a "cootie?"
To those of us nonscientific types, yes. And I bet all that other stuff is on the floor, too! :p

I'm fairly sure the chairs in that area are just as "germy" as the floor. People put their bags and feet on the chairs.

I've sat on that floor before, as it's common for every seat to be taken. I wash my hands before eating and use hand sanitizer if I can't. So far, I haven't contracted any kind of floor-borne illness. ;)

The primary difference between the chairs and the floor is that the chairs look like they could be easily cleaned by hand while the carpet is basically just a giant immovable sponge that cannot be cleaned thoroughly on a regular basis, at least in practical terms. If Amtrak was serious about keeping the lounge clean they should have used tile or linoleum across the entire floor.

o.jpg

"Floor borne illness" - something new for me to be phobic about!!

The more I think about it, $20 a pop for the Legacy Club isn't looking so bad!

The most common diseases picked up in Amtrak's coach waiting area are confusion, boredom, irritation and lateness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back