Listing of Amtrak Timetables

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anthony

Founder
Honored Member
Hi folks,

I posted a very brief note in the MileTrak forum regarding my pending acquisition of batches of historical Amtrak timetables for the use of MileTrak discontinued route entry as well as for a new tentative site project. If all goes well, I should have almost a complete collection of the 1970s and 1980s as well as a sizeable portion of the 1990s. I already had just about everything from 1997 to present. (I figure that any missing 1990s timetables will be easier to find due to the "younger" age)

However, in my pursuits, I am finding that especially during the first ten or fifteen years of Amtrak, the timetable releases were irregular and more frequent than we see today. For example, many years in the late 1970s and early 1980s saw at least four yearly releases.

Although I was able to acquire a rather complete collection for many, many years, I am filling voids like holes in Swiss cheese (in a piecemeal fashion) on eBay and through other private means. I am trying to find a complete picture of Amtrak timetable releases so that I can acquire a complete, comprehensive collection for you.

I am wondering if anyone has, or knows of, a listing of Amtrak timetable releases from inception? Something of the sort would greatly assist as I would know which date(s) to look for that are not in my list.

I realize this is a peculiar request, but hope that there may be someone out there (including Guests who may see this) who may be able to point me in the right direction. Thanks!

Any chance that Amtrak itself----somebody, some

where, somehow, some way, may have such a listing?

Also in your pursuit of older timetables, I trust you are also looking in the small liner ads in the back of magazines like TRAINS. I personally have acquired a handfulf of items through the years that way.

Bill Haithcoat said:
Any chance that Amtrak itself----somebody, somewhere, somehow, some way, may have such a listing?
Don't know yet but I will have to do some asking around. ;)

If there are any Amtrak lurkers around here who might be able to help, please send me an email. Your identity will be kept in strictest confidence if you wish. I am doing some asking around but if you know of any source for this, please let me know. :) Thanks!

timetables @ amtraktrains . com

Ebay..at times, has a number of Amtrak timetables for sale. I've actually purchased a couple there myself

From the "Florida Funnel"

Foodman53

Foodman53 said:
Ebay..at times, has a number of Amtrak timetables for sale. I've actually purchased a couple there myself

From the "Florida Funnel"

Foodman53
Yeah, timetables are generally easy to purchase on eBay. I've bought a few, and its a heck of a lot easier (and cheaper) than trying to order a model.

I was at the Mad River & NKP Railroad musuem in Bellevue, OH yesterday and among their collections was a very extensive group of early Amtrak timetables. I'm sure they wouldn't sell them, but if you needed to fill in a few blank spots they might be able to copy them or email the info. out of them to you. Their website is http://www.onebellevue.com/madriver/

coachseats said:
I was at the Mad River & NKP Railroad musuem in Bellevue, OH yesterday and among their collections was a very extensive group of early Amtrak timetables. I'm sure they wouldn't sell them, but if you needed to fill in a few blank spots they might be able to copy them or email the info. out of them to you. Their website is http://www.onebellevue.com/madriver/
Thanks - I am looking into acquiring a few more large parcels of timetables and also possibly a list of some of the early stuff. I'll keep this place in mind if I end up fruitless at the end. :)

Okay, so I've got lists and probably about 90% of the timetables from 1971 to present. I am on the lookout for the 10-15 that I am missing (many newer than 1990). What could prove to be tough is finding the schedule change supplements for several releases. I do have a number of them from the early- and mid-80s, but apparently several from the late 80s and throughout the 90s were issued as well. I don't have any lists of anything later than 1996, so if there were any changes issued afterward, I'll have to find out about them some other way. (like the NE schedule change in December around when the Acela Express started, etc. etc.)

Anyone have any of this stuff they could scan and email, or even sell? ;) I could post specific dates if interested. thanks!

Okay, sure - this is the data I seem to be missing. The schedule updates could be the tricky part, but since they're usually just one page long, I guess there isn't really a ton of data involved. If anyone finds anything here that they're willing to part with, make me an offer and I can send PayPal or a check. If anyone doesn't want to part with the item(s), but still feels compelled to share, I'll pay for postage of photocopies. Thanks!! :)

(system timetables)

10/27/85 [determined to probably not exist]

(national timetables)

5/2/93

(northeast timetables)

10/27/91

11/10/96

[and some between 97-99, but not too worried about these yet]

(schedule updates/supplements to national or system timetables)

10/31/82

4/29/84

4/27/86

7/3/86

10/26/86

5/14/87

6/26/88

11/15/88

12/17/89

1/20/90

4/1/90

6/1/90

6/11/90

12/1/90

8/13/92

2/14/94 [possibly a reprint of a national timetable]

3/28/94

9/10/95 [possibly a reprint]

(and any others later than this!)

Anthony

This might help? I saw some of this guys stuff at a flea market, but was told he has a shop in Millersburg Ohio. He had mostly frieght things , but who knows? Phone #330-674-1160 Name of the shop is ROSE OF PICARDY ASSOC. 282 NORTH MONROE ST. MILLERSBURG OHIO 44654

Aloha

The latest NMRA buliten refences the Library has a large collection of timetables, could this help.

Secondly is there a possibility we will be able to add to mile track soon? I know you are buzy and there is only so much time in a day. but I would sure would like to add my last trip, think it gets me over 15,000 miles.

any good luck

Mahalo

Aloha

I don't want to be a pest but since it is almost a month I thought I would "tickle" you memory, drewlingly (Made up word) awaiting the rebirth of Mile trak.

Mahalo

Eric

There was life before MileTrak Classic. :)

I don't have a good time estimate yet. There is an infinite amount of things going on in my life right now and while I'd like this to be a higher priority, it isn't. If it is a real problem to have an old mileage count in one's forum profile, please let me know and I will remove it until repairs are made.

There are NO UPDATES and once updates are made available, they will be posted to this forum. Re-establishing MileTrak "properly" requires a significant amount of database work that I won't have time for until the new year.

I do not have a lot of free time anymore and haven't since the early summer. The MileTrak Classic software stopped working when I made a server security update to protect everything before leaving the continent for a month. Directly upon my return, I became quite busy and it is unfortunate that things quit working when they did. There is an incredible demand on my time every day and maintaining non-critical systems such as MileTrak does not fit in at this point. If the discussion forum software were to have a problem, it would be corrected ASAP - MileTrak Classic does not have the same priority or level of importance. It is too bad that I have to pick and choose, but furthering my education is far more critical now.

Anthony said:
There was life before MileTrak Classic. :)
, but furthering my education is far more critical now.
Aloha Anthony

I agree with you. Please know that I don'twant to offend you with needling I realy appreciate all that you do and have done for us.

Mahalo

Eric

Back