Live Railcam catches shooting at Tucson station

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TinCan782

Engineer
AU Supporter
Yea, was watching (still am) when it started which was about the time the K9 officer boarded the train.Screenshot 2021-10-04 083601.png

Last edited:

anumberone

Engineer
AU Supporter
Wow, good reporting. Seemed like everything normal, then, Lot of shots fired. K9 officer boarded train, bailed off shortly after.

Last edited:

TinCan782

Engineer
AU Supporter
If you have a scanner radio app you can listen to Tuscon PD working this situation.

iliketrains

Service Attendant
You can still rewind the YouTube video and see and/or hear the shots. I counted about 20 shots total.

Bob Dylan

50+ Year Amtrak Rider

Devil's Advocate

‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎
Man Amtrak surely didn't need this publicity, especially right after the Empire Builder derailment.
I'm not sure where you are but where I live gun related violence has become a fact of life and would not affect Amtrak's standing in the public consciousness.

AmtrakBlue

Engineer
Gathering Team Member
An eyewitness told KOLD News 13 that two men approached another man on the train and said they wanted to talk to him. All three got off the train and that is when shots were fired." Maybe the guys were upstairs when it started so the eyewitness did not realize they did not get off the train.

flitcraft

Conductor
Devil's Advocate is, sadly, correct. Shootings are an every day occurrence throughout this country, and unless there is someone famous involved or a lot of dead bodies, we scarcely take notice. Some time back, my cable feed featured Fujisankei News from Japan--there, a shooting anywhere in the country was a big story on the news all week.

TinCan782

Engineer
AU Supporter
When I was watching the Virtual Railfan camera, the shots occurred on the train. A nearby K9 officer ran over and boarded the car. Moments later, he exited with his dog and ran for safety while the shooter could be seen in he doorway shooting at the K9 officer.

AmtrakBlue

Engineer
Gathering Team Member
When I was watching the Virtual Railfan camera, the shots occurred on the train. A nearby K9 officer ran over and boarded the car. Moments later, he exited with his dog and ran for safety while the shooter could be seen in he doorway shooting at the K9 officer.
Yep. And the shooter was one of the guys the K9 officer had been watching. The other two guys most likely were the two who boarded with him.

AmtrakBlue

Engineer
Gathering Team Member
Yep. And the shooter was one of the guys the K9 officer had been watching. The other two guys most likely were the two who boarded with him.
I felt like I was watching a TV drama and was thinking those guys looked iffy. Of course I already knew something bad was going to happen.

TinCan782

Engineer
AU Supporter
And those two bags by train water hose shed are still there. The dog sniffed those before the shooting took place. I was thinking those were for training purposes. Earlier, he had two guys put their bags down by the fence so the dog could check them too - with no results.

AmtrakBlue

Engineer
Gathering Team Member
And those two bags by train water hose shed are still there. The dog sniffed those before the shooting took place. I was thinking those were for training purposes. Earlier, he had two guys put their bags down by the fence so the dog could check them too - with no results.
And those were the 3 guys mostly likely.

valkyrie

Train Attendant
I felt like I was watching a TV drama and was thinking those guys looked iffy.
The two guys who boarded with the shooter are almost certainly undercover DEA agents working with the K9 officer. They identify suspects for further investigation and this time it looks like their suspicions were correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.