long-term parking at or near Schreiver, LA, station?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tricia

Conductor
Has anyone here ever done this? We're looking to leave a car there for a week or more, preferably right at the station, in the latter half of September. Advice about cost and/or logistics would be much appreciated.

As with all travel plans in this uncertain time, this one is uncertain. 😕 Details to come, in the "member Amtrak trips" forum, if we actually book this trip. Thanks in advance for your help.

There is no cost, and I would assume it'd be relatively safe... there's just not much going on there, with hardly anything around the station itself. Looking at Google Maps there seems to be 9 or so parking spots. I would say it's a pretty "remote" station.

There is no cost, and I would assume it'd be relatively safe... there's just not much going on there, with hardly anything around the station itself. Looking at Google Maps there seems to be 9 or so parking spots. I would say it's a pretty "remote" station.

Thanks for the response. Have you actually been to this station?

Call the local police and ask them. I did that at Jessup, GA, a number of years ago. They were very nice and even offered to keep an eye on my car if I left my name, phone and plate # with them.

I had no problem. Small town police are a lot different than big cities.

Back