Long term parking

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have parked a car at Osceola, IA station for several weeks with no problem. It would probably be worthwhile to advise the station agent at Ottumwa of the expected lengtb of your stay in their parking lot.

Of course it depends on the station.

Around here, Emeryville has its own lot. They issue parking permits, but only corresponding to tickets. If you can show a multi-ride or monthly ticket, they can issue a permit until the last day of the ticket's validity. When I show a single-ride ticket, then I've only gotten a permit good for that day or maybe until the next day. Once I asked if I could get a longer one since I ride a lot and was told it had to correspond to a ticket.

Other lots around my commute don't really have any policy.

http://www.amtrak.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=am/am2Station/Station_Page&code=otm

It says 30 spaces for overnight parking but no mention of length of time.
Yep. Saw that Amtrak page for the Ottumwa station.

Using Google Maps Satellite View (same image as Google Earth) and I've looked at the short-term and long-term parking lots at the Ottumwa station.

I only see 14 short-term parking spaces, including 3 handicapped spaces and 3 reserved spaces

Which just goes to show that many of Amtrak's web pages could be improved/expanded/updated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back