Look for Crescent #19 to be late today

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank goodness it wasn't the Crescent who hit that lady! But I can see that if the freight train was ahead of the Crescent, the delayed freight train would have an effect on the Crescent that would have had to wait until the freight train could proceed on.

Who in their right minds would try to cross the tracks in front of a freight train? Don't they realize the train is not able to stop in time?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank goodness it wasn't the Crescent who hit that lady! But I can see that if the freight train was ahead of the Crescent, the delayed freight train would have an effect on the Crescent that would have had to wait until the freight train could proceed on.

Who in their right minds would try to cross the tracks in front of a freight train? Don't they realize the train is not able to stop in time?
The article states the frieght was northbound, the Cresent #19 would have been southbound.

The article states the frieght was northbound, the Cresent #19 would have been southbound.
Yes, but they stopped all rail traffic for the investigation.

An idiot who's in a hurry. I was helping out a local university with a parking survey, and there was a set of tracks that ran across basically the two parking lots I surveyed; I got stuck waiting for a freight train for a good five-ten minutes at least. Of course I was in no hurry, I just let the train pass since I actually have common sense. lol

Yes, but they stopped all rail traffic for the investigation.
Pat stated that the frieght was ahead of the Cresent. Of course thay stopped all traffic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back