Looking for a Boston hotel near South Station

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I may be in Boston overnight in late October. I would like to stay at a hotel within walking distance of South Station. I will be arriving and leaving in daylight, so walking is fine.

If possible, I prefer something in the Hilton chain—I’m already used to their regular procedures, so the extra layer of virus protection rules would be easier to immediately assimilate.

I have absolutely no sense of direction, so by walking I mean something within a stone’s throw of the station that even I could not miss.😊

Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions.😊

Looks like Hilton Boston Downtown/Faneuil Hall (89 Broad St, Boston, MA 02110) is a 1/2 mile. Shouldn't be too hard to get to. Boston is not set up in nice little grids.

I'd recommend Club Quarters, which I've used several times - 6-8 minutes away - don't think there's anything closer. In any case, have a map, for downtown Boston streets are something of a maze.

The Intercontinental is about as close as you are going to get. The Hyatt and the Godfrey are also within reasonable walking distance. There are some nearby hotels in the Seaport district (across the river from South Station), but that's primarily a convention district with much less charm. For Hilton, you already have some advice about what is the closest.

Doubletree is a Hilton owned brand. If your business or tourism isn't South Station centric, you may also wish to consider Back Bay Station, there are some very nice hotels over there worth checking out, also. Considering how business has been shattered, you may get some real good deals at some good hotels.

Club Quarters is pretty close and walkable, though I haven't stayed there the last couple of years, as the room rates were too high. On my trip last March, I stayed at the Omni Parker House, which is a bit of a walk, or two stops to Park St. on the Red Line. I wasn't able to enjoy the classic Parker House Rolls, but I did have a Boston Cream Pie, which was invented at the Parker House.

Thank you all for the suggestions😊. I booked the Hilton for this time—it’s just an overnight between trains and I was able to get a good deal with my Hilton honors— but the others all sound nice for another, hopefully longer, trip to Boston in the future.

Doubletree is a Hilton owned brand. If your business or tourism isn't South Station centric, you may also wish to consider Back Bay Station, there are some very nice hotels over there worth checking out, also. Considering how business has been shattered, you may get some real good deals at some good hotels.
Excellent advice. My go-to in Boston by train is Back Bay with hotels in easy walking distance. If business requires the South Station area, it's a quick commuter train hop away.

When I eventually go back to Boston for a longer trip, I probably will stay in Back Bay—I want to see the Isabella Gardner museum, which I think is near there. I also want to see the JFK library, but that seems to be in a different part of the city away from the Amtrak stations?

Of course, this won’t be til things are more normal, in a year or so hopefully, but it’s nice to dream and plan ahead.

Patty,

If you're comfortable with staying near Route 128, their is a Courtyard Marriott right across from try 128 station. About a 5-10 minute walk from the time you get off the train till your in the lobby. You can then hop on Commuter Rail into town.

I stay there a lot cause of the girls. A nice shopping center is within walking distance that has a Wegmans, Target, Panera, Ross, and so much more.

Just a suggestion. :)

Back