Looking to plan another Florida trip.

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oreius

OBS Chief
I am booked on the Star in late September for when I go to Disney World’s 50th Anniversary Celebration on 10/1/21. I’m also taking the Meteor home from Florida next March. However, I am going on a transatlantic cruise departing Miami in early May for Barcelona Spain. I figure it would be nice to start this extraordinary adventure with a bang. I’m thinking definitely by March the Silvers will have all VL2’s. I will probably spring for a Roomette since Bedrooms are astronomically priced. What would you suggest?

Both the Star and the Meteor arrive in South Florida at approximately the same time. All things, being equal, I like to take one northbound and the other southbound. Since it is easier to connect northbound with the Meteor, I usually take the Meteor northbound and Star southbound. When there was no diner on the Star, I avoided it unless I traveled to a location only served by the Star.
Currently, the Meteor is running 3 sleepers and the Star 2 sleepers and both are selling out. Consequently, the Star may be a bit more expensive than the Meteor.

Since you have already traveled on the Meteor, you may want to try the Star. My last trip a couple of weeks ago was on the Star from WAS and I enjoyed it.

I’ve just booked my trip for May 2022 with my AGR points. Roomette on Silver Star 91 from Elizabethtown (on Keystone) to Miami. I figured I’d do the Star because I’d get more “train time” for the same points. Anything I need to know?

Back