Lost Luggage - HELP

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dovecote

OBS Chief
Just completed a cross country trip starting at NYP and arriving in Fullerton (FUL) this morning utilizing trains 49 and 3. The one checked suitcase (containing the majority of my clothing and my wife's) did not arrive and is still unaccounted for. I received a Baggage Tracing/Claim Form from the station agent in FUL and currently involved in a waiting game.

If I am not being sold a bill of goods the FUL station agent informed me he is in charge of locating the missing bag at this point. He has contacted the NYP and CHI transfer stations with no success so far. I took the process a step further by contacting Customer Relations and informing them of the matter. A case number was provided and I was informed that all stations along the route will be notified of the missing bag.

If there are any other suggestions on how to pursue this matter I would appreciate additional thoughts and suggestions. Thanks.

Amtrak usually does a pretty good job with checked baggage, but compared to airlines, it is a decidedly low tech operation. If a bag goes missing, they have no scan record to check. They basically have to make lots of phone calls and look for bag sitting somewhere unclaimed. That can take a while. Good luck.

Has your bag showed up?
Interesting you ask. I have not received by bag yet but it was found in Flagstaff of all places. Received a call this morning from the Fullerton station agent after he was notified of the discovery. It will be loaded on train 3 this evening if you care to see it placed on board :giggle: . Tell the station agent THANKS for their input on this discovery. I will post again when I have possession of it.

Good. I am downtown now for a choir rehearsal and may be able to convey your message later. I think I know who the agent is; hopefully not the person who pulled it off the baggage car by mistake

Flagstaff Station 9:55pm Thurs. Dovecote: your red suitcase just went down the platform. Agent says the conductor handed it to him off the train and the agent then sent an email about the misrouted bag. 3 is due shortly, a little over a hour late. Have a nice trip

Glad your belongings were found! Be sure to call Customer Relations and give the employees some praise! I can only guess that Customer Relations doesn't get many praise calls. I try to do so whenever I can!

Flagstaff Station 9:55pm Thurs. Dovecote: your red suitcase just went down the platform. Agent says the conductor handed it to him off the train and the agent then sent an email about the misrouted bag. 3 is due shortly, a little over a hour late. Have a nice trip
Thanks so much for the update. That was very nice of you making a special trip to the station. Hopefully I can return the favor some time.

Glad your belongings were found! Be sure to call Customer Relations and give the employees some praise! I can only guess that Customer Relations doesn't get many praise calls. I try to do so whenever I can!
I will certainly do so.

Our rehearsal with Flagstaff Symphony ended at 9:30. Instead of stopping with other singers at the pub near the station like I did last night, I went to check on matters at Amtrak and am now home with the kitties. Goodnight!

Our rehearsal with Flagstaff Symphony ended at 9:30. Instead of stopping with other singers at the pub near the station like I did last night, I went to check on matters at Amtrak and am now home with the kitties. Goodnight!
Since you skipped a drink at the pub I owe you one! Good night as well.

Be sure to call Customer Relations and give the employees some praise! I can only guess that Customer Relations doesn't get many praise calls. I try to do so whenever I can!
+1

When a woman in Customer Relations went above and beyond to help me, I made it a point to get back to her with a heartfelt thanks. She called me back, with tears evident in her voice, because no one had ever went out of their to ever thank her before.

Luggage arrived this AM via taxi to my temporary (my daughter) residence. Yes, the process was slow but the end results were achieved. Now a few phone calls to thank the parties involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back