LSL

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AKA

OBS Chief
Boarding in TOL at 6:00 AM west bound #49 [ Sleeper ]. Does the LSL have a full breakfast routine ? How busy is the diner for breakfast ? Anyone know ? Would having breakfast in our room be adviseable or would this be asking to much of the SCA ?

Breakfast would start at 6:30 AM. Breakfast on the LSL is first come first serve, so I would recommend getting settled in your room then heading to the diner there won't be an announcement on the PA that early in the morning. I would suggest taking all of your meals in the dining car they have community seating, and meeting people at meals is one of the best parts about traveling on Amtrak.

You can easily have breakfast in the Dining Car out of TOL! I belive they stop service around SOB.

You have every right to ask for sevice from the SCA in your room, but if you can easily go to the Dining Car I would recommend that. Remember that the SCA is also busy resetting the rooms of those who went to the Dining Car, at the same time that he or she has to get your meals!

We caught breakfast on #49 at 7:45 with no problem just a month ago, so 6 AM would be a non-issue. Remember, the train is actually gaining an hour west-bound due to the change in time zone before arriving into CHI, so you have more than four hours to kick back and enjoy yourself. Do you know if you're in one of the NYP sleepers or the BOS sleeper? If you're in one of the NYP sleepers (4911 or 4912) the diner is right next door, but if in the BOS sleeper (4920) you have a hike through all the coaches to get to the diner!

We are in 4911. We are in the H room. On a good day, a one car walk will be no problem. Hoping to have a good day. Anyway most days on a train are good days. LSL being single level helps. Its the steps on the Superliners that can be a problem sometimes. Thanks for the help. :hi: :D

We are in 4911. We are in the H room. On a good day, a one car walk will be no problem. Hoping to have a good day. Anyway most days on a train are good days. LSL being single level helps. Its the steps on the Superliners that can be a problem sometimes. Thanks for the help. :hi: :D
The H room in Car 4911 should be right next to the diner. Go out of the room and the diner will be ahead of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back