Lucky Penny Day

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shanghai

Engineer
I just saw on the Internet that today is Lucky Penny Day!!

Congratulations to our Lucky Penny.

:D I am not quite sure if I am been especially lucky today - but it has been a good day (as are most days for me - and in that respect, I am very lucky). I am getting ready to go to Maryland for the weekend (for a wedding taking the Meteor) and got my hair cut and highlighted this afternoon. Yes, I look very different. This morning I spent about an hour at Walt Disney World with a friend and her two year old son (getting his first haircut). I do not know how people can stand been out in the hot sun all day long at Disney. My car was in the sun while at the hairdresser and the thermometer read 102 when I got done about 15 minutes ago. :eek: But I am lucky that I have a car, friends (especially my AU friends :wub: ), family, health, etc.

Yes, today is Lucky Penny Day - thanks Dick for informing me. :) :)

Now that Lucky Penny has blessed this thread with one of her lucky posts I would suggest everyone reply before the day is over so that we can share the luck!

--------------

Edited to add: Holy cow! After I posted in this thread I received a text message with good news -- It's already working!

Thanks Penny!!!* :cool:

*I almost never use exclamation points, and certainly never more than one at a time, so you KNOW this is for real. ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
:D I am not quite sure if I am been especially lucky today - but it has been a good day (as are most days for me - and in that respect, I am very lucky). I am getting ready to go to Maryland for the weekend (for a wedding taking the Meteor) and got my hair cut and highlighted this afternoon. Yes, I look very different. This morning I spent about an hour at Walt Disney World with a friend and her two year old son (getting his first haircut). I do not know how people can stand been out in the hot sun all day long at Disney. My car was in the sun while at the hairdresser and the thermometer read 102 when I got done about 15 minutes ago. :eek: But I am lucky that I have a car, friends (especially my AU friends :wub: ), family, health, etc.

Yes, today is Lucky Penny Day - thanks Dick for informing me. :) :)
RIdes, rides, rides. Most of them have A/C in the waiting lines even. Shop, shop, shop.

Yeah, I prefer going in the off-season. I've been there in November (twice), Sept or Oct, Christmas-New Year's week :eek: (and it was probably colder than y'all's mini-gathering earlier this year) and August. Also was in the area, but went to Universal Studios in either July or August.

IF I could sing, there is this song about Penny, Since I cannot you will have to imagine the song.

Aloha

benjibear said:
1337804768[/url]' post='369042']See a penny pick it up and all day long you'll have good luck!
I tried to pick Penny up - but I just got slapped and called a dirty old man!
ohmy.gif
laugh.gif

Enjoy your day and trip, Penny!

Last edited by a moderator:
benjibear said:
1337804768[/url]' post='369042']See a penny pick it up and all day long you'll have good luck!
I tried to pick Penny up - but I just got slapped and called a dirty old man!
ohmy.gif
laugh.gif

Enjoy your day and trip, Penny!
You MAY be a dirty old man, but you are many years younger than I am. :eek: :lol:

Thanks. No doubt I will keep you posted while I am on the train.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back