Luggage at King Street Station, Seattle

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Samsbigtrip

Train Attendant
Good evening (or morning, depending on where you are in the world!)
I know there was a thread about this some years ago, but does anyone have current info about the possibility of leaving my luggage at King Street Station early on the morning of my 4.40pm train to Chicago?
Two alternatives:
(1) If there is a left luggage office how early does it open and how much does it cost? or
(2) How early can I check in my case, while leaving my carry-on in the left luggage office while I go sight-seeing?
Amtrak seem to be very shy about publicising this info ;-)
Many thanks!
Samantha

In December, I stored my roller bag in Seattle. The charge was $10.00 per bag. The agent told me if I could attach my backpack to the roller bag, I would only be charged $10.00 (and that is what I did). I went to the ticket window to check the luggage and I retrieved it at the luggage window later that day.
I am not sure what time the station opens. I assume pretty early since there is an early train to Vancouver.

Baggage Services open a 615am and close at 8pm.

Many thanks for that confirmation but I wonder if you could clarify something for me. What exactly do "Baggage Services" do? Is it the Red Caps, or left luggage or both? And anything else? I am 71 and will definitely need help!

My provisional plan is to check out of my hotel at around 8:30am and get a taxi to the station. Check-in at around 9:00am for my 4:40pm train and leave my 2 carry-on bags at 'left luggage' ($10 per item per 24-hour period). Then I switch from 'traveller' mode to 'tourist' and spend a few hours discovering Seattle before returning to the station in good time to retrieve my carry-on and board the train.
Will that work, but if not what will?
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Best wishes
Samantha

If you're traveling in a roomette or bedroom, you might mention that at the baggage check counter. It's been a few years, but last time I did this they waived the fee for sleeping car passengers.

If you're traveling in a roomette or bedroom, you might mention that at the baggage check counter. It's been a few years, but last time I did this they waived the fee for sleeping car passengers.
The last 2 times I was in Seattle (June 2017 and December 2019), they did not waive the fee for sleeper car passengers.

Back