Lunch on the SL (train #1)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pat Harper

Lead Service Attendant
Schedule shows the SL #1 stops in LFT at 12:24 PM which is usually during lunch. It used to stop much later as we have taken that train twice to MRC and had to eat lunch before we got on the train (or else take it on board with us). Since it now stops at an earlier time, does anyone know if lunch will still be going on in the dining car or will we have missed it by getting on in LFT instead of an earlier stop?

Lunch is served until 2:30pm. Provided the train isn't too late, you should be able to get lunch in the dining car.

This also means that all the stops are moved 3 hours earlier.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lunch is served until 2:30pm. Provided the train isn't too late, you should be able to get lunch in the dining car.
That's good to know. However, I've known that train to be late a few times. Once I went there to meet up with a passenger who was passing through Lafayette. The people at the depot had no clue that the train would be late, so it was a good thing I was there with my cell phone communicating with that passenger. Oh how I wish Amtrak had made use of that terminal building when they had the chance, now Greyhound has taken it over.

Back