Maine Snow Lady!!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shanghai

Engineer
Below is the Maine Snow Lady. Anyone recognize her?

Can you name her?

00pen_zps103414df.jpg

I don't get the reference to Maine. Must be something about some TV show... :blink:

Guess who her aim was towards - and the first 14 guesses do not count! :giggle: But it was a "Florida snowball" - and you know they can't form them right! :p

And it was 40 degrees and she only had on 3 layers. :eek:

I do not look happy, but I was. Today I threw my first snow ball. I also got hit with my first snowball. Thank you very much Shanghai. Although I had awful aim, I enjoyed making and throwing the snowballs. I did not aim at any humans, only inanimate objects. I winged a couple of poles.

I do not look happy, but I was. Today I threw my first snow ball. I also got hit with my first snowball. Thank you very much Shanghai. Although I had awful aim, I enjoyed making and throwing the snowballs. I did not aim at any humans, only inanimate objects. I winged a couple of poles.
Oh! That's You Penny! Sorry I didn't recognize you. Had no idea any AU people we're in Maine today. Best to you any way...

Well just be glad your no in Philly. You'd be getting a first hand lesson on Snowballs from me. :lol: And Snowballs fights including building forts.

Aloha

My Daughter at 4-1/2 was with me for part of the Ice Capades tour. We left Honolulu, end of December around 9 at night, the Temp was around 80. With transfers, connections we arrived in Boston around 8 the next night. I was around zero. We had gotten her a winter coat from Penny's in Hawaii, but they did not have gloves. She was miserable outside until 2 days later when we could get gloves and she could throw snowballs at daddy. Cant tell you the time but it was some time in the Morning of January 3, 197, ouch that was 36 years ago. :eek:

You were it with MY, properly formed, snowball and you complained that your fifth layer shirt was wet!!

We had an enjoyable lunch and ride on the Downeaster, or was it the Northeaster??

Work on your footwork, put down the shopping bag, and you will be throwing like a pro. Glad you enjoyed it.
Thanks for the tips Steve. My aim did get better when I put down the shopping bag. :)

I enjoyed making and throwing the snowballs. I did not aim at any humans, only inanimate objects.
So that's why I got hit by the snowball! :eek:
Hey, she said that she wasn't aiming at any humans, not that she didn't hit any.

I may have used that excuse with my sister a time or two! :ph34r:

Last edited by a moderator:
Penny: Does that make you want to move to the North East? Maybe Dick or Dave would want to change Places with you and Live in Sunny Florida! (It's 70 and Clear here today, California Weather! :wub: )

Or as the Old saying went: "It's a Great place to Visit but I Wouldn't want to Live There!" :p

Penny: Does that make you want to move to the North East? Maybe Dick or Dave would want to change Places with you and Live in Sunny Florida! (It's 70 and Clear here today, California Weather! :wub: )
Or as the Old saying went: "It's a Great place to Visit but I Wouldn't want to Live There!" :p
No desire to move to Maine, although it is beautiful. The weather in summer is more to my liking, but I enjoyed my short stay in Maine.

The chance to throw snowballs made my day. No it made my decade, :)

That sounds like a cool little trip.

Now had I been there, it would have been, hey, lets play pelt the Cajun....I think I would have gotten the short end of that deal. :p

I've been to Maine a few times, just never on Amtrak. How is the Downeaster? Is it a neat ride?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back