MAJOR ISSUE FOR AMTRAK

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cpamtfan

OBS Chief
Amtrak has a major issue on it's hands:

All ticketing/their website is down National. You can't get tickets, so if you have not printed them, you're screwed.

Amtrak had a warning on their website for days that the ticketing system was going to be down starting early Sunday morning. It was even mentioned on CNN last night. If I recall right, I got an email about this a few days ago. Plenty of advance warning about the upgrade.

Amtrak has a major issue on it's hands:

All ticketing/their website is down National. You can't get tickets, so if you have not printed them, you're screwed.
They have had this posted on their website for a week-plus. They even advised printing tickets early, as even station ticket counters would have limited capability.

No, not a "major issue"......

Has not been on the website for a week. More like Tue or Wed.

On Thr I made a reservation on the phone. No mention of the outage or need to pickup tickets before Sunday.

I'm currently on 513. Amtrak called on Thursday to tell me to get my tickets before this morning.

It's amazing what one believes to be the end of the world is a temporary house cleaning...I've been guilty too many times :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the word on the maintenance... my daughter didn't. She called this morning with her panties in a bunch... she was going to miss her May trip on the TE. This is the same person who got 25 miles from home and realized she had forgotten her cell phone... there was no choice but to turn around and go back and get it!!

Ah, to be young and live in the moment.

Looks like it's up and running!

Flyboy, Was she on the train or driving when she knew when she left the phone behind!? LOL

Still get this on the website....

"Our booking system is temporarily unavailable. For immediate assistance, call 1-800-USA-RAIL (1-800-872-7245) or TDD/TTY (1-800-523-6590"

I JUST LOGGED INTO THE SITE. i DIDN'T

SEE ANYTHING DIFFERENT. hAS ANYONE ELSE

NOTICED ANY CHANGES?

Not broken, just on in error. I'm watching the Talladega race on TV!!

Looking for the Crescent to pass by!!

The changes weren't to the website, so you won't see anything different. If they were only working on the website, it wouldn't have affected the Quik-Trak machines, phone agents, and station agents.

This had something to do with the main programs/computers, which is why it took down everything.

Has not been on the website for a week. More like Tue or Wed.

On Thr I made a reservation on the phone. No mention of the outage or need to pickup tickets before Sunday.
I checked on a train status on Thursday morning by phone and got the wanring about a major software upgrade that would take the system down all day Sunday.

I thought the upgrade would take all day ... I've been tracking our upcoming train trips ... especially the EB ... earlier I did get the "upgrade" message .... but now, as transit54 posted, "status" seems to be working!

It's still working for me. On a few pages I've had to refresh or go back to Amtrak.com, but I've been able to get it to work for the last few hours.

At 5:30 PM (EDT) on Sunday, 4/17,2011 the status page is up one minute, and down the next. Also, it's running incredibly slow. :lol:

Refreshing the page once or twice usually got me the reservation page, and a results page too, although the latter took a while to produce.

Let's try and keep those page requests down to a minimum while the system is still slow so those who really need to use it can do so in a timely fashion.

The real question here is not website performance, but how ticket printing capabilities are looking at Quik-Trak machines and manned windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back