Man dies after foot gets wedged between subway car and platform

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UserNameRequired

Lead Service Attendant
This unfortunate event was a few days ago. Initially blamed on doors trapping a foot, now known to be a foot between the platform and car.
https://nypost.com/2022/06/16/man-dies-after-clothing-gets-stuck-in-subway-doors/
It appears to be an elevated station, M Ave station for Q. I wonder how long he lay before the next northbound Q hit him again…. I have ridden to/from the Pelham Bay elevated station some, green 6.

I was exiting a subway train at penn station one night and a man fell between the train and the platform and was wedeged in between the 2. As I was going to assist him (lift him up and back onto the platform) a young man stepped out from the subway and started yelling at the top of his lungs “hold the doors! Hold the doors!” - to alert the conductor not to close the doors and clear the train.

It’s the job of the trains engineer and conductors to watch the platform for exactly this before and during departure. This is tragic that this happened and no one was able to help. :(

Back