March 10th Train 422

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cal

Engineer
Train 422 the Texas Eagle is sold out! I was just playing with dates for no real reason at all between LAX and CHI and saw that the 422 is sold out.

And for the train 14/28 route, there's only one left for every class. So Amtrak isn't doing terrible right now...

1615175156113.png

EDIT: Tonight's train 422 is also sold out in coach

Last edited:
Trains 29 and 30 are often sold out as well, being cut to four cars and three days a week. I've also seen trains 5 and 6 sold out even though it's their off-season.

Trains 29 and 30 are often sold out as well, being cut to four cars and three days a week. I've also seen trains 5 and 6 sold out even though it's their off-season.
Hm, that's honestly a bit surprising to me..

For the long distance trains that got cut to 3x per week, they are technically operating at 21% weekly coach capacity. The train only runs 3 out of the 7 days it used to, and coach is limited to 50% seating. So while there are other factors at play, it’s good to keep that in mind. That being said, it’s good to see demand existing to sell-out the existing service!

Back