Marlboro Limited

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

battalion51

Engineer
I was talking with a friend of mine about the Marlboro Limited today. Does anyone know what type of equipment they were going to use, and what happened to it since the train never left port?

Marlboro Unlimited was to have used cars rebuilt by Rader Railcar from former Southern Pacific gallery cars. They were to have been similar to the Ultra Dome cars used in Alaska. There would have been sleeping, dining, lounge and entertainment cars. The cars were overweight, had structural problems and production far behind schedule so the uncomplete project was cancelled. The cars were all scrapped while the two F59PHI locomotives were sold to Metrolink.

battalion51 said:
I was talking with a friend of mine about the Marlboro Limited today. Does anyone know what type of equipment they were going to use, and what happened to it since the train never left port?
It wasn't Marlboro Limited. It was Marlboro Unlimited. The cars were scrapped and the locos went to Metrolink.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back