Covid Mask Mandate for Transportation

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to find this info. Is it on the Amtrak site and where?

If you can’t find it on the website you will get emails and notifications before your trip. Announcements will be made in the station. Arguing that it is not in writing somewhere is a way to ensure that you will be put off of the train before your destination.

Now just get rid of the muzzle masks!
Feel free to stay in Oklahoma.

1624641460279.png
1. Get the shot
2. Wear a mask
3. Stay at home

Pick one.

I’m fine with vaccinated folks removing their masks but mindless incubators who refuse to take any corrective action while complaining about freedom get no sympathy from me.

Last edited:
If you book a ticket online you have to check that you read the COVID/Mask policy before you can proceed with your purchase.
When I booked my upcoming Day trip with AGR on the Phone, the Friendly,Professional Agent asked me if he needed to read the Amtrak COVID Protocols,including Mandatory Mask wearing in all Stations, on Platforms and aboard all Amtrak Trains.

I told him no, that I was fully aware and would follow the Protocols!

If you can’t find it on the website you will get emails and notifications before your trip. Announcements will be made in the station. Arguing that it is not in writing somewhere is a way to ensure that you will be put off of the train before your destination.
Thanks for letting me know that info. For some reason I am not getting notifications from post I am active in. I will have to fix that. I don't mind wearing the mask but I have a problem with it. I have breathing problems. And one of my ears is not even with the other one so the mask doesn't fit under my glasses correctly. I just wish more people would JUST GET THE SHOT. 👍

They sell little plastic bands that go behind the head which you clip the ear loops on to to take them off your ears. Can make a big difference in wearability, and are very inexpensive.

Ear savers. I bought some from an Etsy seller and they made all the difference. I taught two semesters mostly in person (fall 20 and spring 21) and used those every day, helped the masks stay snug and also prevented the backs of my ears from chafing from the elastic.

There are two basic types of transmission:
1. TRAVEL
2. COMMUNITY

VIRUSES are for the most part common within community BUT TRAVEL could be an unknown virus yet to be discovered and although it hasn’t happened very deadly. PLUS the non-Vaxers could get infected if they don’t wear a mask.

we are almost there

There are two basic types of transmission:
1. TRAVEL
2. COMMUNITY

VIRUSES are for the most part common within community BUT TRAVEL could be an unknown virus yet to be discovered and although it hasn’t happened very deadly. PLUS the non-Vaxers could get infected if they don’t wear a mask.

we are almost there
I have found that using a defogger on glasses is an effective way to combat the fogging up of glasses. You can get it at CVS or Walgreens and I’m sure at Rite Aid.

Other that at Drs offices, hospitals etc. we are over with the masks in SC. I’m still waiting for the science on mask wearing. I’ve seen no report on a double blind peer review study concerning their effectiveness is stopping the transmission of COVID.

Those in the vulnerable categories should be very careful traveling or otherwise even if vaccinated because COVID isn’t the only virus out there.

My accountant and his wife both got COVID but their young children didn’t. He had a mild fever and sniffles for two days. His wife had no symptoms but tested positive while the young children all tested negative.

This a serious matter and all precautions reasonably necessary should be taken. The question, of course, is what is reasonable under the circumstances. That will always be the subject of debate. And it is important that their be such full and open debate. I’m afraid that we are becoming a people that will not tolerate opinions different from ours and will not listen to others opinions and reasoning.

I just spent 3 days riding trains and hanging around the stations. Wore a mask the whole time, except when eating. Really, it was not a big deal. Even if it's not really medically necessary, and it may well be that it is, it is really not very much of an imposition on people. The way some people carry on about, you'd think that the government was requiring every traveler to strip naked, take an IQ test, and get a score of 200 before being allowed to be in a public place. Yeah, it looks like the pandemic is winding down, but the vaccination rate is still really low in some places, we're still not sure when people are going to need a booster vaccination, and the pandemic is still going strong in other parts of the world. It looks like most of the current vaccines protect from the Delta variant, but if they don't control it soon, it could mutate to Epsilon through Omega variants that might elude the vaccines. As our governor has said, "Just wear the #@^%##$! mask!"

Sorry can't let the science of mask comments go. Why do doctor's where mask during surgery, fashion? Why have flu cases been down? I'm pretty sure the data supports the precaution of mask wearing. Remember gravity is a theory but you don't go floating in to space.

Other that at Drs offices, hospitals etc. we are over with the masks in SC. I’m still waiting for the science on mask wearing. I’ve seen no report on a double blind peer review study concerning their effectiveness is stopping the transmission of COVID.

I'm not sure you need a double-blind study to evaluate the effectiveness of various health policy measures. We certainly never used double blind studies to formulate environmental policy. But, in any event, here's a listing of relevant studies compiled by the health department of your neighbor to the north:

open (ncdhhs.gov)

How many of the people who object to wearing a mask on the basis that there has not been enough research would feel comfortable having a surgical team open them up for serious surgery without masks on?

There is a difference between the infection mitigation required when a person is in surgery and is literally cut open and that required to mitigate airborne, inhaled virus in a public setting. Until the pandemic, doctors, nurses and other medical staff were not masked for routine office visits, lab procedures, x-rays, etc. So, yes, if I'm in surgery, I want everyone masked. If I'm in the supermarket or on a train, the need is less obvious.

Under normal circumstances, the need for people to be masked in public places is not so needed - however, just like the operating room requires special mitigation ... during a pandemic, the need for special mitigation should be expected and accepted not argued that "we need more studies". We should do all we can so stop a pandemic, not try to skirt the issues behind "more studies" just because we don't feel like doing the obvious.

The idea that some just don't care because they don't want to be inconvenienced is exemplified by those who use use the restroom (regardless if it is #1 or #2) and leave without washing their hands - again, regardless if it is a public or private restroom. I guess they feel more studies are needed ...

Feel free to stay in Oklahoma.

View attachment 23087
1. Get the shot
2. Wear a mask
3. Stay at home

Pick one.

I’m fine with vaccinated folks removing their masks but mindless incubators who refuse to take any corrective action while complaining about freedom get no sympathy from me.
I'm also pulling my hair out over one of my friends who doesn't "want to put chemicals in my body," but at least she will wear a mask when reminded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back