"Maybe don't buy May TriMet pass, says TriMet"

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fairviewroad

Engineer
TriMet in Portland is advising passengers of big delays in May along its busiest light-rail routes.

TriMet took the extraordinary step of warning MAX riders to consider not buying a monthly pass for May, when it plans two weeks of disruptive track maintenance.

The $2.1 million project scheduled for May 8 through 21 will close a stretch of track along Southwest First Avenue, but the effects will echo throughout the light-rail system, as fewer trains will be able to pass through downtown.

I bet that won't sit well with TriMet's best customers, the people who plop down $1,100 a year for an annual pass.

Trivet should seriously consider doing what TransLink up in Vancouver did... after a meltdown they offered a fare free day as a way to say sorry to loyal customers and maybe get some "never again" passengers to try the service again.

I bet that won't sit well with TriMet's best customers, the people who plop down $1,100 a year for an annual pass.

Trivet should seriously consider doing what TransLink up in Vancouver did... after a meltdown they offered a fare free day as a way to say sorry to loyal customers and maybe get some "never again" passengers to try the service again.
Of course, a "fare free day" doesn't help the annual pass-holders either. I think if projects like this result in a demonstrable improvement in service and reliability, then most people will be forgiving.

Back