Mayor de Blasio to Propose Streetcar Line Linking Brooklyn and Queens

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kind of surprised there is no thread for this already here. Saw this article yesterday I thought for sure there would be some discussion about it.

In a major reimagining of the New York City waterfront, Mayor Bill de Blasio is set to propose a streetcar line that would snake along the East River in Brooklyn and Queens, a 16-mile scenic ride that would be his administration’s most ambitious urban engineering project to date.

Rest of the article here.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/04/nyregion/mayor-de-blasio-to-propose-streetcar-line-linking-brooklyn-and-queens.html

Any thoughts from those that are well more versed in these things then myself?

I think the poor mayor is desperate to come up with some grand scheme. The guv has certainly overshadowed him on that score with his grandiose plans.

If built with dedicated lanes/ROW, it may be somewhat worthwhile. However, it doesn't connect too well with the subway and I question whether it's the top priority for NYC transit improvements - but that gets into the mess of state/city politics and personalities.

Back