mcdonald's arch entering saint louis on amtrakhttp://www.youtube.c

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aloha

This video camera gets tricked by the extremes of light and direction. Reflections off the window affect the image by first showing the camera/photographer. Then the Auto exposure gets tricked by the light and dark parts of the subject. Here would be the perfect use of a gradient filter, like the ones made by Cokin. Here is a link to their site.

Nice subject and train ride

Aloha

This video camera gets tricked by the extremes of light and direction. Reflections off the window affect the image by first showing the camera/photographer. Then the Auto exposure gets tricked by the light and dark parts of the subject. Here would be the perfect use of a gradient filter, like the ones made by Cokin. Here is a link to their site.

Nice subject and train ride
I like the errie ghost sound effects/dying breaths in the background! Gives it a very otherworldly feel!

The video reminded me that I had made one of the same trackage - crossing the Mississippi on the MacArthur Bridge, East St. Louis, Illinois to St. Louis, Missouri - but I couldn't find it among my SmugMug or YouTube collections, which made me fear I'd deleted it. But no, it was just never uploaded, and I was able to hunt it down.

On the third and final day day of AU Gathering IV (2010), which was held at St. Louis, the group boarded the northbound Texas Eagle in the morning. At Bloomington-Normal, Illinois, some remained aboard to complete the run to Chicago (and connections to homes beyond), while others, me included, enjoyed a layover before boarding a Lincoln Service train back to STL. As I recall we had a conductor who was quite entertaining. This video was shot out the back of the last coach of that train, and begins shakily as the train switches from fill to trestle bridge approach, continuing until well onto the St. Louis side of the river.

Thanks, wabbit, for the inadvertent reminder. BTW, talk of Cokin filters for your Kodak EasyShare C713 (model mentioned in your other video post) is nonsense. You'd have to spend more than you did on the camera even if you could find adapters for it, which likely don't even exist.

Back