Meal times and Meals on SWC4 and CZ5

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

ScottC4746

OBS Chief
We leave next week in a sleeper from LAX-CHI and then CHI-EMY My questions are:

SWC4:

What meals do we get the entire length, most are obvious but do we get D out of LAX and L into CHI?

What are the meal times including the above mentioned D and L?

CZ5

Again, most are obvious but do we get a L into EMY?

What are the meal times including the above mentioned L?

the_traveler

Conductor
On #4, yes you do get dinner out of LAX. Then you get B/L/D the following day. The final day you get B and I do believe L. On #5, the first meal is D. The next day you get B/L/D. The final day, you get B and L.

Dovecote

OBS Chief
On #4, yes you do get dinner out of LAX. Then you get B/L/D the following day. The final day you get B and I do believe L. On #5, the first meal is D. The next day you get B/L/D. The final day, you get B and L.
Just to add, unless policy has changed since Jan 2013, dinner on #4 out of LAX is a abbreviated. Only three entrees are offered in lieu of the full menu choices offered the following day. Kind of a copout if you ask me but it is what it is

ScottC4746

OBS Chief
Just to add, unless policy has changed since Jan 2013, dinner on #4 out of LAX is a abbreviated. Only three entrees are offered in lieu of the full menu choices offered the following day. Kind of a copout if you ask me but it is what it is
Reason I ask is I am usually traveling by myself so I go for the first seating at each meal to get in and out before the hoards show up. Unfortunately this finds me pawing at the diner door at 6 AM for breakfast. Since I will be traveling with someone else this time things will be different. We want to try to dine between stations if we can.