Meals on Acela

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Doe the AE have certain meal times for FC pax. or is a meal garuanteed with all FCseats?
They offer you a meal when you board. My experience is that the meal served to you is for the meal time (breakfast, lunch and dinner) it is closest to when you board. If you ride through NYP you should be offered a second meal.

Booze is free. They serve Dogfish Head 90 minute IPA, which is a nice hoppy brew. :wub:

Doe the AE have certain meal times for FC pax. or is a meal garuanteed with all FCseats?
Well, I wouldn't say a meal is guaranteed with all FC seats. The general practice is to offer one meal service between BOS - NYP and a second meal service between NYP - WAS (and vice versa). If you board at an intermediate stop, like NWK - NYP or PVD - BOS, there might not really be time for a meal.

So, if you are heading south and board in NHV at 11 am, you will probably be offered breakfast upon boarding, because that train left BOS during breakfast. You would then be offered lunch upon leaving NYP to wherever your destination might be.

On my most recent acela trip, I was heading north from NYP to PVD. I was the second to last person to place an order on a sold out train, and they were out of all lunch/dinner items by the time they got to me. Even the kids items. I had to order from the breakfast menu.

We will be leaving NYP @1:03 pm to BOS and will hopefully be able to use an upgrade coupon provided by another member. (thanks Steve) and thanks for the replies
Then yes, you will receive lunch out of NYP. Make sure to get the redcap in the club Acela for best seat selection. :)

I was told by an attendant that a meal will always be offered. If you get on later than the majority of the passengers, they will still ask and offer. Making a meal for you is as simple as throwing a TV dinner in the microwave. (literally)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back