Meals on Southwest Chief

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mary B.

The Southwest Chief arrives in LA at 8 a.m. If I am in a bedroom (meals included) is breakfast served the day of arrival? Also, the train leaves LA at 6 p.m. Is dinner served that day? Thank you.

They used to have an abbreviated breakfast on the morning of arrival in LA. As for departure from L.A. they do serve dinner.
(My last trip on the SWC was pre-Covid. - two years ago).

The Southwest Chief arrives in LA at 8 a.m. If I am in a bedroom (meals included) is breakfast served the day of arrival? Also, the train leaves LA at 6 p.m. Is dinner served that day? Thank you.
Took the SWC from Fullerton (first stop 30 minutes after departing LA) to Chicago. Dinner was served

An abbreviated breakfast has always been served the morning of arrival, but in pre-COVID days they stopped seating at Riverside (6:05 am). If the train is on time there, it can be into LA as early as 7:20-7:30 (Fullerton is a "D" stop and it does not have to hold for time). If I were you I'd skip their breakfast and go to Phillipes for a much better one after arrival. That's my MO.

Dinner is served out of LA. First call should be approaching Fullerton.

You do know, of course, that Amtrak is still offering "flex" meals, the subject of some LONG threads in the Amtrak Rail Discussion forum which you can read but not post into? Tradition dining is not scheduled to return on your train until June 30th and has already been put off from an earlier date.

Reactions: Cal
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back