Meeting my new love - The Boeing 777

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And you weren't even dragged screaming off the plane to make room for a few employees! Nice!
Again, back to the earlier Regionals flying under their own colors discussion.

The incident referred to within the caption did not occur on "Mainline" United.

And you weren't even dragged screaming off the plane to make room for a few employees! Nice!
Again, back to the earlier Regionals flying under their own colors discussion.

The incident referred to within the caption did not occur on "Mainline" United.
Also since then Munoz changed the policy regarding release of seats for staff, even on United Express flights, so it is unlikely to happen again. In short, a passenger who has already boarded cannot be pulled off to accommodate a staff. There were all kinds of essentially anti-passenger silliness that came in under Smisek and Tilton that needs to go. This was apparently one of them.

Wasn't there something in the FAA Reauth bill that just passed that severely limits the ability of an airline to remove a passenger for the purpose of boarding someone else once they have been boarded?
I'm about 99% sure this is correct. About time.

Wasn't there something in the FAA Reauth bill that just passed that severely limits the ability of an airline to remove a passenger for the purpose of boarding someone else once they have been boarded?
Yes, this provision was included in the FAA Authorization Renewal Bill very recently passed by Congress. And, it was done with a bipartisan vote if what I have read is correct.

Back