Menu Choice email?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

finleyd

Train Attendant
I'm leaving in 1 week on the Silver Star, should I expect an email from Amtrak to pick my choices for lunch/dinner, wasn't sure if they are still doing this?

It does not seem to make a difference. When I’ve selected from the email they have not asked for my name on the train. In fact on my last to trips on west coast trains I was not even asked to provide room and car number on the empire builder in the diner.

This was only being done in the east - it was never expanded west because flex dining out west was a temporary thing with Covid. Seems like maybe they stopped it in the east too with one of the more recent menu changes.

When I traveled on the Star in March I received a food email. When I traveled on the Star earlier this month I did not. In both cases my SCA took my dinner and breakfast order and I ate both in the dining car. Of course if you select something you are not bound by it. Not sure what advantage pre-ordering has other than gives Amtrak some basis for inventory.

When I traveled on the Star in March I received a food email. When I traveled on the Star earlier this month I did not. In both cases my SCA took my dinner and breakfast order and I ate both in the dining car. Of course if you select something you are not bound by it. Not sure what advantage pre-ordering has other than gives Amtrak some basis for inventory.
I would like it if Amtrak could get its inventory right given their history of understocking....

Back