Menu Improvements

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

daveyb99

OBS Chief
Anyone noticed a much improved menu and better quality items?

We were on the City of New Orleans last week, and my wife very much enjoyed the crab cakes.

On the Texas Eagle, I had the ribs for dinner and the BBQ sandwich for lunch. Both were good.

I am glad someone somewhere is getting the idea that good food equates to revenue. Now if they would just add one more cook/waiter to improve service.

I'm happy you enjoyed your crab cakes and ribs. I was on the Capitol Limited and Lake Shore Limited this past week and it was the same menu I've had several times previously. The food and service was good, but I would welcome a change in the future.

The crab cakes, ribs and BBQ are the "regional specialties". Most every train offers a "regional speciality" for that run, but most of the other items are the same offered on all other trains under SDS!

In theory the specials should change next month in time for the summer, at least that was the original plan. So far I haven't heard that they are going to do that, much less seen the list.

And yes Davey, when Amtrak switched caterers last fall and came out with the current menu in October, it was a huge gain in the quality of food being served.

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't there a policy in the new Amtrak funding to increase the food service staffs again? If so when? Seems like a "shovel ready project" to me, your government in action, or inaction.

Isn't there a policy in the new Amtrak funding to increase the food service staffs again? If so when? Seems like a "shovel ready project" to me, your government in action, or inaction.
I think that was the plan, but I'm also pretty sure it wasn't explicated as such in the legislation.

In theory the specials should change next month in time for the summer, at least that was the original plan. So far I haven't heard that they are going to do that, much less seen the list.
And yes Davey, when Amtrak switched caterers last fall and came out with the current menu in October, it was a huge gain in the quality of food being served.
The LSA on 91 two days ago told me menus would change in June, but didn't know what the new items would be.

The LSA on 91 two days ago told me menus would change in June, but didn't know what the new items would be.
I'd love to know when in June, since I'll be on the Texas Eagle on the 15th thru the 24th of June.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back