Meteor thru Washington

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joelkfla

Engineer
Heading north on the Meteor, is the dining car closed while the train is in WUS? If so, is breakfast available both before and after the stop? (Scheduled arrival is 7:07am.)

I'll be in a bedroom, so on the right side of the train. Are there views of downtown Wash that are worth moving to the lounge, or a left-side seat in the diner? Looks like the train hits Washington right around daybreak if on schedule.

Thx.

They do an engine swap, so yeah, they need to close the diner (no HEP), or at least not serve anything hot...
The best view coming into DC as you cross the Potomac is on the left side - Washington Monument and Jefferson Monument

They do an engine swap, so yeah, they need to close the diner (no HEP), or at least not serve anything hot...
The best view coming into DC as you cross the Potomac is on the left side - Washington Monument and Jefferson Monument
Unless it's running a couple of hours late, they should reopen for breakfast after the stop, right? I'd like to try that French toast.

If the train is on time, breakfast will be served before and after WAS.

Last time I traveled to WAS, we were early and it looked like no breakfast. I do not drink coffee, but drink hot tea and I bring my own green tea bags. My SCA offered to bring me hot water in the dining car around 6am. I, and a friend who happens to be an AU member, were both detraining in WAS and were in the dining car drinking tea and coffee when the LSA arrived. Much to our surprise and pleasure, he offered to get us a quick breakfast before arrival in WAS when there would be no power. Yes, he did not have to do that and yes, he received large tips from us.

I will be on the Meteor detraining in WAS fairly soon and I hope I have as good a crew as I did in July.

Back