Metrolink ticket to bus subway in LA

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan O

Conductor
I've read and heard various info about this. Does a Metrolink ticket work like a pass on the LA bus and subway system, where one can go wherever one wants? Or is more like an old bus transfer where you are limited which direction you can go?
I'd be traveling on a weekend with a weekend pass if that matters.

Thanks.

I've read and heard various info about this. Does a Metrolink ticket work like a pass on the LA bus and subway system, where one can go wherever one wants? Or is more like an old bus transfer where you are limited which direction you can go?
I'd be traveling on a weekend with a weekend pass if that matters.

Thanks.

The short answer is, yes, you can basically go wherever you want (the exception is express bus services, but you're fine for the entire Metro rail system, as well as "local" and "rapid" bus routes).

If you expand the text where it says "EZ Transit Pass Program" on this page, you'll see this:

In Los Angeles County, the EZ transit pass program allows Metrolink riders with valid Metrolink tickets unlimited free rides on participating operators' local services - any time, any day, any station, any direction of travel. Local service includes all Metro Rail routes and stations, Metro Rapid bus and Metro Local bus. An additional fare for express services may be required (e.g. Metro Silver Line).

EZ transit pass travel does not require a direct transfer between Metrolink and connecting bus and rail lines. Remember, your Metrolink ticket must be for today’s date to be valid for travel on any of the participating EZ transit pass operators’ local services, but the time limits on One-Way and Round-Trip Metrolink tickets don’t apply to connecting EZ transit pass services. Ticket time limits are only for your trip onboard Metrolink trains.

The short answer is, yes, you can basically go wherever you want (the exception is express bus services, but you're fine for the entire Metro rail system, as well as "local" and "rapid" bus routes).

If you expand the text where it says "EZ Transit Pass Program" on this page, you'll see this:
Thank you very much.

Back