Michigan service: two strikes in one day.

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TylerP42

Conductor
Apparently 353 (Wolverine) yesterday (5/22) first had a pedestrian strike then later a biker strike. Please pray for those involved. One of my conductor friends was there and I hope he is doing alright.

Last edited by a moderator:
Almost the hat trick! Is there a record for such achievement?

I don't find that funny at all. Have you ever had to watch police and fire pick up fragments of what used to be a person? Watch the fire department wash off the guts that used to be inside of a living being that were sewed on a locomotive?

I don't find that funny at all. Have you ever had to watch police and fire pick up fragments of what used to be a person? Watch the fire department wash off the guts that used to be inside of a living being that were sewed on a locomotive?
I trying to ignore the comment, but I have to agree with you Tyler.

Losing one single life among a tribe of a few hundred or even a few thousand individuals is potentially critical to the future viability of the group. Losing one person in a sea of eight billion other people is statistically meaningless. We've long since diluted the value of an individual life to the point where it's no longer precious or even sustainable. I'm sure these people were probably important to someone but it's hard to get choked up over this when the news is already chock full of horrible stories involving millions of people suffering routine harm and severe indignities.

Losing one single life among a tribe of a few hundred or even a few thousand individuals is potentially critical to the future viability of the group. Losing one person in a sea of eight billion other people is statistically meaningless. We've long since diluted the value of an individual life to the point where it's no longer precious or even sustainable. I'm sure these people were probably important to someone but it's hard to get choked up over this when the news is already chock full of horrible stories involving millions of people suffering routine harm and severe indignities.
I agree with you, and I don't expect everyone to get choked up over a trespasser strike. What I do think is wrong is to make jokes about the situation. I'm having flashbacks to someone here asking about accessing feeds of people getting clocked by the trains. Was that appropriate either? Regardless of whether or not these people mean nothing to us, out of the sea of eight billion people on this Earth, we should still show respect for the deceased. If it was my mother or father laying there, I'd certainly be pissed about people wanting to watch a recording of the strike, or make jokes about them. You're definitely a unique fella with views that tend to clash with other on AU, but wouldn't you agree you'd feel the same on this one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back