Midwest Venture introduction

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's because it's really not any of our business.
Getting a little warm in here….🥵.
Didn’t mean to raise everyone’s hackles; was just wondering if anyone had heard when those beautiful cars would be going into service. I’m sure Amtrak is itching to have them running and generating 💰

I'm looking forward to taking the new Venture cars on the Missouri River Runner, hopefully in the spring. It would be nice to take my kids to stay with relatives in St. Louis without having to brave the sleep-deprived truckers on I-70, and once the I-70 Rocheport Bridge project gets underway in earnest next year, it'll take five hours to get from Lee's Summit to Chesterfield anyway.

Unfortunately you’ll only have one River runner round trip next year for your trip….

Unfortunately you’ll only have one River runner round trip next year for your trip….
There's discussion of possibly reviving the Ann Rutledge to remedy this, or adjusting the schedule to have higher frequencies on weekends while cutting some weekdays.

I'm looking forward to taking the new Venture cars on the Missouri River Runner, hopefully in the spring. It would be nice to take my kids to stay with relatives in St. Louis without having to brave the sleep-deprived truckers on I-70, and once the I-70 Rocheport Bridge project gets underway in earnest next year, it'll take five hours to get from Lee's Summit to Chesterfield anyway.

There a easy bypass of that bridge. Of course everyone will be using it.

According to some reports emanating from today's Section 305 Meeting, Siemens Venture Cars will start operating on Lincoln Service starting this coming week (Jan 31). Of course with these things one never know for sure until it actually happens

According to some reports emanating from today's Section 305 Meeting, Siemens Venture Cars will start operating on Lincoln Service starting this coming week (Jan 31). Of course with these things one never know for sure until it actually happens
Hopefully, if it does happen, an AU'er will be there to give us a first-hand look

I hope that the potable water situation was covered. When will the full minutes come out?

No, you're not. Maybe they were made in batches and Amtrak got the bad batch?

The Amtrak cars had to meet specific Made in America requirements including using US steel because of Federal Funding rules, this was not the case for VIA or Brightline who didn't have to meet these requirements.

The Amtrak cars had to meet specific Made in America requirements including using US steel because of Federal Funding rules, this was not the case for VIA or Brightline who didn't have to meet these requirements.
Ah so... it seems that the problem with the potable water wasn't due to some sort of inferior imported plumbing components, after all. :)

I like the bigger windows, but will reserve final judgement until I actually sit down and find out if the seats are comfortable, which by no means will be a given.

I like the bigger windows, but will reserve final judgement until I actually sit down and find out if the seats are comfortable, which by no means will be a given.
They look a lot less comfortable IMO, and I think I'd prefer bigger seats and smaller aisles than vise versa.

Ah so... it seems that the problem with the potable water wasn't due to some sort of inferior imported plumbing components, after all. :)
Not necessarily. A US-based supplier for plumbing subassemblies could well have been the victim of imported crap plumbing parts where a different supplier wouldn't have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back