Midwest Venture introduction

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I’m not fully sure what happened to all the equipment. A few trainsets went west to cover the Talgo retirement, but I don’t know how many cars total that is. I know a few Horizon cars were also retired (saw pictures of them with some other reporting marks). Then there’s probably the overall reduction in availability from when Amtrak parked a bunch of the fleet and laid off mechanical staff at the start of COVID, which they still haven’t recovered from.
California gave up 19 horzion, 1 amfleet cars in 2020. 14-15 of the horizons were coach cars with the rest being cafe.
Beach grove had at least 20 horzions being stored summer of 22 including 3 former CA cafe cars.
There is enough cars amtrak just needs to find a way to get them out of the shop

Thanks again, everbody, for the Hiawatha + Venture info. Very much hoping car #4 is restored soon. The Kennedy in Chicago is an absolute nightmare with a long-term construction project just launched, and that helps the Hiawatha. Google Maps estimates from downtown to downtown are as high as 2:40 during peak rush, versus the 89 minutes the Hiawatha typically takes. Bad traffic always helps the train!

Last edited:
Speculation. Could it be that more cars are hitting the 4 year brake mandatory rebuild? COT&S?. Venture cars delay deliveries maybe more cars going dead on law than are being delivered?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back