Midwest Venture introduction

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm - wonder if these Ventures are en route to be used on the consist for the resuming 350/355 Wolverine. As for the sleepers, they could use some more on the western trains - wonder if some may get a second sleeper back.

Hmm - wonder if these Ventures are en route to be used on the consist for the resuming 350/355 Wolverine. As for the sleepers, they could use some more on the western trains - wonder if some may get a second sleeper back.
Some are slated to get one additional Sleeper as we approach Thanksgiving.

For some reason it is so offputting to see the venture cars paired with such a mishmash of equipment. I get that they dont have unlimited funding, but cant we get a unified looking train? The sleepers look like they are from WW2 and the baggage cars are even worse

For some reason it is so offputting to see the venture cars paired with such a mishmash of equipment. I get that they dont have unlimited funding, but cant we get a unified looking train? The sleepers look like they are from WW2 and the baggage cars are even worse
its just an equipment move
amtrak phase III doesn't match well with the midwest

Well they could've chosen to paint the VII cars to match the Phase 4/5 scheme but they didn't.

Venture cars should eventually only be paired with other ventures and SC-44's in service so that's not an issue.

How is it that Venture cars, which have barely been in service, need repair work already at Beech Grove? Something is not right with this whole situation.

Why didn't they deadhead them back to Sacramento and tell allmighty Siemens to fix their toys, especially if Beech Grove or Chicago would not ?
Siemens doesn't have yard space to store a bunch of coaches and moving all the cars back to the west coast would be expensive compared to sending them just a bit south to beach grove.
Siemens is going to need to grow their factory for the amtrak order, I have no idea how they are going to do VIA without more space

Siemens is in the slow process of acquiring more land adjaecent to present facility. Even have a temporar permit to store some of the unfinished cars. But have not gotten final rezoning.

Why didn't they deadhead them back to Sacramento and tell allmighty Siemens to fix their toys, especially if Beech Grove or Chicago would not ?

The deliverables, and any remediation for defects, would be covered by the contract Siemens signed with the states that acquired the cars, and with Amtrak who agreed to operate and maintain them.

Stuff like that would normally be handled (as it was in this case) someplace other than the site where they were manufactured.

These aren’t simple consumer goods where you just take it back to the store.

Aren't the business class and cafe cars supposed to be married pairs, but not with each other, but each to a coach?
It is kind of complex. Some are individual but some are meant to be married pairs. I have a few videos of business class cars sitting in the Chicago yard, but I couldn't tell you if any were married pairs or not.

Venture cars can be converted from married to single units or to a trainset, as I understand it 2 things change the doors between cars to an open gangway and the replacement of couples with a fixed pin.

Aren't the business class and cafe cars supposed to be married pairs, but not with each other, but each to a coach?

Are the business class cars full coaches? I thought they were going to be half business/ half economy coaches married to economy coaches?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back