More Cancellations For Today

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amfleet

Engineer
Metroliner, Clocker, Auto Train, and all Silver Service trains have been cancelled for today. Why Metroliner and Clocker are cancelled is odd unless employees are still not going to work today due to states of emergancies still in affect.

Click here for the Amtrak press release concerning today's service.

To answer your question Amfleet, I suspect that it's partly due to ridership levels. The other half is simply the amount of snow, thatl makes it rough on the switches and the equipment.

Plus it's snowing again here in NYC, we may see another two inches before its done. :) :p :D :lol:

I notice that today's s.b. Crescent, which left NYP yesterday is apparently running on time. The northbound, into NYP this afternoon, is supposedly on time but I am suspicous of that since it shows the latest check was last night in Atlanta. I notice the Crescent is not referred to at all on the report Alan found for us. So, who knows? Will just keep checking....just for reference.

It's been snowing moderatly where I live too, but the radar in Taunton, MA is broken so it's not showing up. :p Just the fact that the Metroliners were cancelled and not the Acela's shows that the HST can live up to such harsh conditions. B)

Viewliner Posted on Tue, Feb 18, 2003, 09:36 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amfleet, the Auto Train isn't cancelled. And I quote.

On Tuesday, the Auto Train will operate in both directions between Sanford, Florida and Lorton, Virginia.

the only way 52/53 can run is if csx opens up the rf&p (and that might not be until friday). my father was supposed to be the engineer on #80 rgh-rvr sunday and i was due out on 66 rvr-was monday night, but last time i chatted with the crew dispatcher this afternoon she told me nobody was going to be called for southbound trains out of was until csx gives the clear signal to.

later dudes :p

The Status on the Amtrak Page Shows them as Departed on time, so I don't know who's right, I'm sure they're running.

And Amtrak's own press release specifically states that the Autotrain is running. I quote from that press release.

On Tuesday and Wednesday, the Auto Train will operate in both directions between Sanford, Florida and Lorton, Virginia.  
You can read the full press release located on Amtrak's website by clicking here.

Tomorow (2/19):

Everything should operate normally, except for trains operating in the Southeast, which will have a modified schedule.

Click Here for the press release regarding tomorrow's operations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back