More Phase IVB Superliner Pictures

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Amfleet said:
Why are they reupolstering Superliner II Cars thought?
Just a thought: this car was in a derailment. Part of the derailment or the storage after the derailment may have caused damage to some of the upholstery, so they had to replace it.

Yes, apparently it was in a derailment. Amfleet, I too am getting used to the new scheme as well. BTW: I got the link from his Trainorders post.

It's better than I thought it would be, but my overall satisfaction of the Superliner interior designs isn't exactly up there yet. No, I don't mean color, upholstery, I mean layout, the arrangement, etc.

The best example is the Sightseer/Lounge car -- they should at least get something that is similar to the full domes, where people can walk downstairs to the lounge, or to pass through. The upstairs should be for viewing or watching movies, without the CONSTANT interruptions of people walking through the car.

Because less people would walk through the car in the full dome style, the lights could be dimmed for better sightseeing, and the arrangements of the sofas can be made better without the need of an aisle.

That's just one of my thoughts.

While I do drool over the Sightseer Lounge, there are some things I don't like about it. One it can get noisy since the car is all open and there is no sound proofing, two the movies, they should be limited to eveining only and not during the day. Otherwise I like the Superliner designs.

While I haven't made a lot of trips on Superliners, I've never had the experience of movies being shown during the day. Does this happen often? On certain routes? Are they showing the same movie during the day as in the evening?

I agree the daytime is not a good time to show movies in there. It's hard enough to watch those little screens when it's dark out. Besides, who wants to watch a movie when there's a much better show outside the windows!

:)

seajay

seajay said:
While I haven't made a lot of trips on Superliners, I've never had the experience of movies being shown during the day. Does this happen often? On certain routes? Are they showing the same movie during the day as in the evening?
I agree the daytime is not a good time to show movies in there. It's hard enough to watch those little screens when it's dark out. Besides, who wants to watch a movie when there's a much better show outside the windows!

:)

seajay
Actually, daytime comics and such are usually shown only in the summer. I find it most disturbing at night, actually, because the few things that you might be able to see out there, you can't because of the glare of the TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back