Moynihan Train Hall

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone know what food services businesses might be open in the MTH before the 7:15 am departure of the Maple Leaf on a weekday? My wife and I would like to grab something (bagel, breakfast sandwich or the like) before boarding.

I like the H&H bagel place that’s in Moynihan - believe it opens at 6 and they have both bagels and breakfast sandwiches - that'd be my recommendation.

One thing about the food service at the Metropolitan lounge is that they don't seem to put out the lunch sandwiches and salads until some time after 11. I found that out last month when I come in at 10:30 for an 11-ish train expecting to stock up on lunch at the lounge and avoid the cafe car. All they had was breakfast stuff, and I had to end up buying lunch on the train in the cafe car.

Does anyone know what food services businesses might be open in the MTH before the 7:15 am departure of the Maple Leaf on a weekday? My wife and I would like to grab something (bagel, breakfast sandwich or the like) before boarding.
At the very least the Starbucks will be open! I remember grabbing coffee and something to eat probably before 6 one morning.
But yes, the bagel place is great as well- just not completely sure what time they open.

I stopped by Moynihan on Saturday to get some banana pudding at Magnolia bakery. I was in New York for a quick weekend trip to see a show at the Metropolitan Opera and on Broadway. We had some time to kill between shows, so we took the walk to Moynihan.

Since there is nowhere for un-ticketed passengers to sit, we took our dessert to the food court. To my surprise, they had a DJ playing loud techno music in the food court seating area. This was about 6:00 PM. Now I know that I am old, but it seems like absolutely nobody was in the mood for the DJ. It seemed like an odd place and crowd for DJ entertainment.

Back