MSP - that's Saint Paul and Minneapolis

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since I've long been a fan of "Peanuts," the last time I was in St. Paul, I made a special trip to see this building, at the corner of Selby and Snelling Avenues.

WuZt2Mk.jpg

Charles Schulz's father's barbershop was in this building, and the family lived in an apartment on the second floor. (The bar had since expanded into the space formerly occupied by the barbershop, but had a couple of items on the wall that acknowledged the history.)

However, I just discovered that the building was torn down within the past year. :(

It was really torn down? That's sad to hear that!

It was really torn down? That's sad to hear that!

Yep. Owner sold it for $4.5 million to a development company. While they initially were planning to re-open in the new building, they just recently announced that they decided not to re-open. Not sure what the plans are now for that space in the new building.

On the topic of food (and drink) I like the St. Anthony area, just across the river from downtown Minneapolis, and prefer it for interesting options.

If you want to get a little off the beaten path (but on a bus route to St. Paul, nonetheless) try Hi-Lo Diner.

Back