multi-ride tickets and bc upgrades

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

penguinflies

Service Attendant
One-way ride fares were way to high for the summer and my schedule was a bit unpredictable, so I bought a 10-ride for the Lincoln Service. After the first ride, the ticket and tqp posted for the coach portion.

I upgrade to BC each way 4x, but haven't seen the points post yet for the 4 rides I have taken. Guest reward number is on the tickets and the station agents the last two times explicitly say that as they returned my credit card without me even questioning them.

I put one ticket in the missing point form, awaiting a result.

Anyone else use multi-rides and upgrades? Is what I am experiencing normal/not-normal?

Found out some things when calling AGR today to followup:

The system errors out when posting the 10ride points to the account and one also purchases an accommodation charge as it appears like 2 reservations for the same train for the same person. This had to be corrected manually.

2. Every ride since then the system will post the accommodation charge as it is the point accumulating reservation on the multi-ride ticket.

Found out some things when calling AGR today to followup:

The system errors out when posting the 10ride points to the account and one also purchases an accommodation charge as it appears like 2 reservations for the same train for the same person. This had to be corrected manually.

2. Every ride since then the system will post the accommodation charge as it is the point accumulating reservation on the multi-ride ticket.
Interesting. I've been using a 10 ride and then upgrading to BC for 1.5 years with no problem. The 10 ride gets posted after the first lift, and the BC upgrade gets posted separately without any issue.

Back