"Music Control"

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats the story with that little music control panel in sleepers? I've noticed it above the light control and call button in my superliner roomette. I fooled around with it, but i got nothing at all. Did it ever work?

BTW im on the westbound zephyr now along the detour about 1 hr out of Denver. Expect a full trip report eventually. :lol:

Whats the story with that little music control panel in sleepers? I've noticed it above the light control and call button in my superliner roomette. I fooled around with it, but i got nothing at all. Did it ever work?
BTW im on the westbound zephyr now along the detour about 1 hr out of Denver. Expect a full trip report eventually. :lol:
SCA's have previously told me that they have some time ago been disconnected because of the volume (pun intended) of loud music complaints by passengers against each other.

At one time many moons ago they used to have music on channels 2-5, but that's been gone for years now.

Set to channel 1 and you should get the train announcements in your room, if it's working.

Would love to read your trip report! I am doing the EMY -- CHI journey on Wednesday. I have roomette #9 in car 0631, and have found out from this site that I won't know for sure whether it will end up being on the north or south side of the train. What side was your roomette on, and how was the condition of your sleeper and the train overall?

If anyone else has been on the CZ this summer and could comment on these questions (or share pics), please do as that would help quench my insatiable curiosity about the trip. Thanks to all of the contributers and administrators on this site! I have been reading it daily and have picked up so much information that will make my first CZ trip the best it could be.

Would love to read your trip report! I am doing the EMY -- CHI journey on Wednesday. I have roomette #9 in car 0631, and have found out from this site that I won't know for sure whether it will end up being on the north or south side of the train. What side was your roomette on, and how was the condition of your sleeper and the train overall?

If anyone else has been on the CZ this summer and could comment on these questions (or share pics), please do as that would help quench my insatiable curiosity about the trip. Thanks to all of the contributers and administrators on this site! I have been reading it daily and have picked up so much information that will make my first CZ trip the best it could be.
My CZ trip pictures are here. It was in 2006 but probably the same scenery.

Was on the CZ in July. Car # 32031. Everything worked fine. SCA was great. By great I mean he was there when you needed him. Some SCAs are too helpful for my taste. Thats just me. We were on the detour EB from Sacremento. Got into Denver very early. It was nice to walk around outside and also to get to see the Denver station. The highback benches with the built in lights was a new one on me. Its always good to see a great Union Station in use. Have a great trip. :)

I was on the CZ in June to/from CHI - DEN. I guess I missed much of the western scenery.

It was a good trip. We were late in arriving and departing DEN. No pictures.

At one time many moons ago they used to have music on channels 2-5, but that's been gone for years now.
Set to channel 1 and you should get the train announcements in your room, if it's working.
On the Crescent in the mid-late 90s they had music in the coaches via headphones, one channel was for the tvs, the rest for music, and the pa system over-rode the music and tv at twice the volume. So at each station stop people would jerk out their headphones while screaming from the blasting announcements.

When the tvs were removed the music was removed to the best of my knowledge, and now you can't hear the pa at all hardly. I know whats going on from listening to the scanner, but its surprising how in the dark other pax are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back