My visit to North Korea

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shawn Ryu, not trying to make a comparison between one system or country and another or the degree that something happens, I do say that if an individual is in a terrible situation then it doesn't matter where you are to that individual.

The main point was that a well written non political trip report with an insight into a country very few know anything about is a good thing as it helps the rest of us toward a clearer understanding, and in this case it was a two way thing too.

I don't really want to dive into the political stuff being posted here. I think that other leaders in places like Zimbabwe have caused more hardships to their people, but that's not this isn't the place for that debate. I saw maybe 0.0000000001 of the DPRK all I am trying to do is explain what it was like without any kind of spin. However you feel about what i wrote or where I visited are notions and opinions you formed long before you read this. I wasn't happy with the picture that I was painted of the place, so I went there myself and much like my visit to Easter Island earlier this year it's a mysterious place that would take a lifetime to truly understand. I've been to other countries where they don't even have enough wealth/political influence or whatever you want to call it to try and take you to some fantasy capitol. The disease, starvation, and struggle of the people are apparent from the moment you exit the airport until you fly home.

Anyway I finished putting together most of the pictures, and would like to share them for your consideration.

https://goo.gl/photos/ajXFedtD2nXmsZDr7

Thanks for the photos Stephen. Particularly enjoyed the underground, the rocket shaped building and my favourite the blue uniformed police/traffic woman.

Sorry if I took your thread off course, it wasn't deliberate only wanted to say I enjoyed your open minded approach to travel

Back