Name That Station!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not Trinidad.

There's no station building here, just an Amshack and a very short platform ... which makes it surprising that this sometimes gets used as a smoke stop.

I was wondering if the rules had been changed mid-stream somewhere in this thread... I had it about 90% sure that it was Ballybunion, but didn't know international stations were allowed. Cool picture, though, and interesting history on the Lartigue Monorail!

Since no one has posted in a couple of days I thought I would submit this one.

Hint: the lady at the ticket counter cannot sell you a ticket for any train. This station was built for a commuter train that never got started.

Snapshot2611-18-20118-34AM.png

Del Rio, TX??
I highly doubt Del Rio would even have preliminary plans for any form of rail transit.
Is there not an Amtrak station at Del Rio? It seems to be listed as a stop...
blink.gif
Well no - not what I mean. When stntylr said that the station was built for a never implemented commuter rail line and Shanghai guessed Del Rio, I found it hard to believe that Del Rio would have had serious plans for a rail system (not counting Amtrak) to operate in their area. The city really isn't that big. Plus if it is not yet an Amshack, the Del Rio station was likely built a while ago, even though I have no knowledge on the subject.

:hi: Looks like Johnny out in Sunny SoCal nailed it before any of we Texans! ^_^ (BTW Johnny: The Del Rio station is an old SP Stop and at one time was a vry busy Station! There are some Local Transportation busses that use this Station now, and a couple of Community Orginizations have offices there but it is an unmanned Station! The Border Patrol and HLS frequently check the trains here since Mexico is 5 miles away!)

Last edited by a moderator:
:hi: Looks like Johnny out in Sunny SoCal nailed it before any of we Texans! ^_^ (BTW Johnny: The Del Rio station is an old SP Stop and at one time was a vry busy Station! There are some Local Transportation busses that use this Station now, and a couple of Community Orginizations have offices there but it is an unmanned Station! The Border Patrol and HLS frequently check the trains here since Mexico is 5 miles away!)
Wish Harvard were in sunny SoCal! But I am having to endure two worse things right now. I'm either in a room that has no air conditioning or one that is far overly air conditioned. In SoCal, we don't have AC, because it is never necessary.

Yes, it's Cleburne. At one time the city hoped for a commuter train to run from Cleburne into Fort Worth. Lack of money killed this idea but the train station was built with this in mind.

Back