Name That Station!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not Kirkwood - not a Willoughby.

Here's a hint - This station was built (as a passenger train station) before the Amtrak era BUT it was not used as the original Amtrak station in this city.

Not Richmond (Staples Mill or Main Street) BUT you are in the right time zone........

And you can catch two trains each day to the station in my photo from the Richmond Staples Mill Road station.

Raleigh, NC is correct. Your turn to post Jersey42.

This station was built by Southern Railway in the early 1950's and was devoid of passenger trains by 1964 or so.

Amtrak moved back in (from the former Seaboard station in the mid-1980's when CSX severed the former SAL line as a through route.

Plans have been drawn up and funds to cover much of the project are in place to make THIS building (visible from the platform of the current Raleigh station) the next Raleigh Amtrak station. Construction may begin in early 2015.

11763418083_9e5d8dbcfa.jpg

Your last hint was a big help.

How about this one. You can't see a lot of the station, but there are enough other hints in the photo to narrow it down. I blocked out the biggest hint.

0de518b7fd3d23de9dc9ac3bd954138e.jpg

Yes it is White River Junction. I used this station once before, but it was from a totally different perspective.

Your turn dnsommer2013.

A long time ago, on a bitterly cold morning, I got off The Montrealer at White River Junction. A Vermont Transit van took me from there to Killington ski resort.

Nice photo.

Dave

PS I won't be able to post a new station photo till I get off work tomorrow morning.

Last edited by a moderator:
Strange that my post disappeared.

Repeating; I stated that " the above station is identified in the photo address. You can rename the photo without the identity to make it more difficult."

;)

This station has Amtrak service once daily in each direction. The trains are hauled by diesel locomotives and have sleepers, a diner, and, of course, coaches. There are baggage cars, too, but checked baggage service is not available at this station.

This city has a McDonald's, a Home Depot, and a Walmart. There are a few schools, some parks, as well some car dealers. Many residents use cable tv. There are federal, state, and local laws, It is colder here in January than in August. Hope these hints are helpful! Good luck! (LOL)

Photo taken August 22, 2012.

photoquiz1w.jpg

You are correct! Gee, I thought it'd be more of a stumper, plain as it is. Have you been there?

Moderators, I have used the quote function three times and each time the result was a blank post from me. I have used the report function for this, also.

dnsommer2013, Fourth reply try( without quote this time)

Yes, I have passed through on the train and taken a similar photo of the station. I am out of original station photos . Please carry-on with the thread.

Moderators, I have used the quote function three times and each time the result was a blank post from me. I have used the report function for this, also.

dnsommer2013, Fourth reply try( without quote this time)

Yes, I have passed through on the train and taken a similar photo of the station. I am out of original station photos . Please carry-on with the thread.
RRRick - I sent you a PM regarding the matter.

Back