NEC day trip

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ceo418

Train Attendant
I'm thinking about taking a day trip in August from MET to either WAS or BOS. I only plan on staying in each area for a few hours before returning, and the price difference is only about $4. I'm leaning towards BOS because that's a longer train trip, but what is within walking distance of the station for me to see around there?

Thanks!

You can do about a million and one things from South Station in BOS, or Back Bay. Depending on how long your layover is, I would suggest getting off in Back Bay and heading up to Boylston Street or Newbury Street. Then walk East down either to head towards the Boston Public Garden and Boston Common. Walk through both, ride the swan boats, etc. You can then walk over to downtown crossing and over to the aquarium or Faneuil Hall/Quincy Market. Walk part of the Freedom Trail.

You can then walk over to South Station and board your train from there. Lots of options. How long would your layover be? You could do the walk between Back Bay & South Station quickly, without stopping, in probably about 30-40 minutes. If you have two hours to kill, it could be very leisurely and nice, depending on the weather, and a great way to see much of the city.

Lots to see in Boston. My wife and seven year grandson found it an

easy town to get around in. Very little hills and many attractions. The T system and the hop on hop off tour busses make it easy to get to outlying attractions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back