NEC Trackwork Season 2020

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Acela150

Super Buff
The annual Trackwork will be beginning on the 16th I believe.

A loaded ballast train for Amtrak was spotted on the NS Morrisville Line earlier today. Today being 3/5/2020. In Morrisville the train will be handed over to Amtrak.

I believe that this year they will be focusing on the southern section between DC and WIL.

@Thirdrail7 do you have any insight that you can provide us?

All my northbound trains are leaving BAL 7 minutes earlier starting the 16th, so I figured as much.

I believe that this year they will be focusing on the southern section between DC and WIL.

@Thirdrail7 do you have any insight that you can provide us?

There is a ton of trackwork occurring this season. It actually never really stopped this winter since the weather was decent.

Major outages necessitating scheduling adjustment will occur between WAS-NCR, NCR-BAL, NRK-WIL, WIL-PHL, TRE-MET, NHV-OSB, NLC-MYS and I believe PVD-RTE. Metro-North will also have a lot on their plate as they begin prepping to work at Norwalk.

Everything to the TLM being in action, the undercutter, catenary work, interlocking refreshes, rail replacement, bridge overhauls, etc. It is a ballroom blitz.

Does anyone have an update on the 22-mile 160/140 mph section project, especially when it will be completed and activated?

There is a ton of trackwork occurring this season. It actually never really stopped this winter since the weather was decent.

Major outages necessitating scheduling adjustment will occur between WAS-NCR, NCR-BAL, NRK-WIL, WIL-PHL, TRE-MET, NHV-OSB, NLC-MYS and I believe PVD-RTE. Metro-North will also have a lot on their plate as they begin prepping to work at Norwalk.

Everything to the TLM being in action, the undercutter, catenary work, interlocking refreshes, rail replacement, bridge overhauls, etc. It is a ballroom blitz.

It's all work that needs to get done if you ask me. :)

Back