Need help with Google Maps

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

denmarks

Train Travel Enthusiast
I am going on a train trip next April from Chico, CA to Chicago. I decided to run Google Maps on my iPhone. The last time I used the app was years ago. I noticed I had a saved map of the Amtrak route. I do not remember how I created it. It shows all the stops along the route. It is possible that I entered every stop but I can not remember doing it. Would that be the only way I could have saved the route? The saved map is labeled "California Zephyr" and has a copyright at the bottom. (c) Copyright 2005-2007 fumo at magame.jp. I am very confused. I have no idea of how to edit or delete it if I wanted to.

I just went to the above website and they seem to have all the railroad waypoints. I just do not remember how I added it to Google maps.

Last edited:
I just entered the train name on mine(in google maps), came right up(CS). GPS should follow right along with you.

Enjoy

You can create maps on your PC then share them around. It looks like that map was made by someone associated with magazine.jp and you added it to your own map "collection".

I'm on an Android, so it might be a little different. But when I have a loaded map turned on, there is a link to "View Legend" at the bottom of the screen. From there you "close" (upper right corner) the map, that will turn it off from being shown on your app. These custom maps are saved in your Google Drive account, so you go there to delete them.

Back