Need names for CAL HSR Train

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob_C

Lead Service Attendant
Hi All,

Hope it's okay to post this here, I have decided to model the CAL HSR and will be doing custom decals for my passenger cars with the name of the train on them. I have selected the Alstom Duplex cars used by TGV for the train. A more lengthy post about the project can be found here on my blog. But please feel free to give suggestions here or there.

So far in the running are:

Golden State Express

Spirit of California

California Express (kinda boring)

Would appreciate some ideas!

Thanks!

Rob

Hi All,

Hope it's okay to post this here, I have decided to model the CAL HSR and will be doing custom decals for my passenger cars with the name of the train on them. I have selected the Alstom Duplex cars used by TGV for the train. A more lengthy post about the project can be found here on my blog. But please feel free to give suggestions here or there.

So far in the running are:

Golden State Express

Spirit of California

California Express (kinda boring)

Would appreciate some ideas!

Thanks!

Rob
Assuming it EVER gets built, how about:

The Hundred Billion Dollar Baby!

HAHA! Very true.

Just posted a quick swatch I will re-post here showing some of the paint schemes I am considering. Which one(s) do you prefer? Other ideas?

Thanks!

Rob

CALHSR_Swatches.jpg

I like the Daylight scheme.

Names... hmmmm....

FastPass (Borrowed from MUNI)

AirTrain (Don't know what Airtran would say about this)

Golden State Flyer

Golden State Jaguar (For both the fast cat and the car's pricetag)

Well since a model of TGV is being used might as well use its name too, translated in English of course....

High Speed Train

:)

But more in the spirit of a name unique to California, perhaps just "Golden State" fits the bill.

Since this badly needs Republican support, why not name it after Reagan? There's already precedent for Presidential names in Illinois' Lincoln Service.
Dang, clever thinking. "The All American Gipper" with a Red, White and Blue paint scheme.

EDIT: Or "The Yankee Gipper"

Last edited by a moderator:
Back