Negative long distance trip review article based lack of value and inedible food

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not that there are not some problems with Amtrak - it's that this author has published this article about this same trip in several places ... some were positive while others were negative. He kept slanting the article in a different way each time he published it.

I read the article and the writer touches on the negative and some positive points about train travel. Amtrak train travel is not for everyone but for a person that is not in a hurry and one that appreciates a more laid back comfortable traveling experience. If there is a fault, it has to be the price of LD travel. It is usually higher than air travel by a huge margin.

There seems to be a trend among your posts. You really don’t like the high price of sleepers.

That said, you are right. If a roomette on Amtrak costs as much as two nights on the Royal Scotsman, that’s problematic. Then again, I’ve never paid more than $700 for a roomette on any train, CZ (end to end) included.

furthermore, I think it’s clear that this author merely writes articles for high volume and $$ and not with journalistic integrity.

Back